AREAS SERVED IN:

Nuevo Laredo, June-present.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Week #1 at the MTC

My P-day is on Tuesdays, so I got to wait a whole week before we got a break. My companion is awesome, his name is Elder Smith, and his grandmother is Sister Smith from our ward. =D. So its quite a small world. We both are going to the same mission, and I know Sister Smith would love to here about this. 

I have already sent out a letter to you guys, containing my box #, and info, so that should arrive soon if it hasnt already. I do need some things, The first week here has been pretty hard and humbling. I said some things in my letter to you guys, but I will try and not repeat myself. I have learned so much, its amazing. I thought I had a decent knowledge of the gospel,I was pretty wrong haha. I have learned so much from my teachers just about the gospel that its astounding. I have awesome district mates and zone leaders, my teachers are perfect and the classes are challenging. I have never tried so hard to learn anything in my life. Its a little scary when you have to teach in espanol and all you know is hola, or gracias. We taught an "Investigator" our third day here, and have done so each day since then. Its very humbling and makes you rely on the lord and the spirit. 

Each day is about 13 hours of study and practice and 3 hours of eating and washing and 8 hours of sleeping. At the end of each day I am just so tired, but somehow each morning I'm ready to do it all again haha. The food is okay, nothing to be amazed at. Though the donuts are pretty good. What is amazing is the amount of missionaries. 

Thousands of missionaries all in one place, it is so easy to feel the spirit and love of God. Like I said i have learned so much, and one that is sticking out in my mind that i wanted to share with you guys is the definition of grace and mercy. Grace= A blessing that you dont deserve, and Mercy= Not getting a punishment you Do deserve. It gives a new perspective to reading in the scriptures whenever those words come up. Also I have learned so much about the temple. That was one thing I really wanted to learn about. Why do they do those things in the temple and what is the significance? Well I got an absolutely awesome lesson on it from one of our teachers. I wish I could tell you guys about it, but I'm hesitant to talk about it since it is the temple. However! if you study Lehis dream and Solomons temple (1st Nephi Chapter 8) and wherever solomons temple is in the OT, and layer them over each other, everything becomes clear. Lehis dream of the tree of life is excellent in showing how we progress in the temple and Solomons temple states why it is laid out. However I can share one insight with you. If you remember the brother of Jared asking for Christ to light the stones for his ships he first sees the finger of the Lord, then his Hand, then his whole body. Sound familiar?  After the trial of our faith, we see all of God when we pass through the awesome stuff, and it was only my fourth day when I learned that haha. 

I love you guys and dont worry about writing home, I look forward to it each day so you will get letters. Love you and good luck in everything!

-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment